The Trust is administered by a board of trustees who determine policy, scrutinize applications and take decisions on which projects to support.
- Dr Derek Pollard OBE (Chairman)
Derek has a degree in Chemistry and a PhD in nuclear chemistry, a doctorate in Education, an honorary degree from Philadelphia and is an Emeritus Trustee of Richmond AI University. Headed a research unit in radiochemistry in the University of London and developed academic accreditation and quality assurance methodology for higher education with the Council for National Academic Awards and as Director of Validation Services for The Open University. He chaired the group which developed professional competence standards for UK youth workers. Having been a Queens Scout Derek ran a Senior Scout and Venture Scout Unit and has held many positions in the UK Scout Association including Headquarters Commissioner; County Commissioner and Chief Commissioner for England. He worked with an Explorer Scout unit for those with disabilities and is a patron of Walton Firs Activity Centre and chairs The Surrey Lifelong learning Partnership. He was awarded an OBE in 1996 for services to education and holds the Silver Wolf from UK Scouting and the Bronze Wolf from World Scouting for services to young people. He spent 6 years as Chairman of the World Scout Organization’s Constitutions Committee . He is a consultant to the World Scout Bureau in Kuala Lumpur and is a board member of The World Scout Foundation in Geneva chaired by HM The King of Sweden.
- Mr Richard Shortman (Secretary)
- Richard is retired after spending over 42 years in local government administration. In his final 15 years he was responsible for ensuring the smooth running of Council and Committee meetings, the Mayoralty and Electoral Registration in a London borough. He was awarded an MA in Management from Greenwich University in March 1999. He has been an active member of the UK Scout Association since the age of 8, gaining his Queens Scout Award in 1974. Over the years he has held a number of roles in UK Scouting including County Commissioner for Surrey from 2003 to 2011. He is currently County Secretary. He was awarded the UK Scout Association’s Silver Wolf for “services to Scouting of the most exceptional nature” in 2006. He led the Surrey Contingent to the 19th World Scout Jamboree in Chile in 1999, was a founder director of the Walton Firs Foundation and is Sacristan at his local church.
- Mr John Huskins
Officer in British Army during National Service Cambridge University (Natural Sciences, Biochemistry, Education) Chemistry teacher Charterhouse (Baden-Powell’s school), Scout Leader and Assistant County Commissioner Scouts, Director of Leader Training for The Scout Association, Camp Chief Gilwell Park. Chair, European Scout Training Committee, Member World Scout Training Committee. HM Inspector of Schools – Youth Work Specialist, responsible for work with disaffected youth. National Consultant for work with disaffected youth. Specialised in adolescent personal social and leadership development, accredited through the Youth Achievement Awards.
- Mr Richard Oscroft MBE – nominated by the World Scout Foundation
- Retired Senior Executive of a major UK Bank. An active volunteer in a number of roles, especially in Scouting – from the age of 8 years. Most recently District Commissioner, Chelmsford & District (1991 – 1997), a Deputy County Commissioner, Essex Scouts (1997 -2003, including acting DC for Harlow District (2000 – 2003)) Member of the Jamboree Management Team and other committees for 21st World Scout Jamboree 2007 in Chelmsford (1995 – 2007). District Chairman, Chelmsford & District (2007 – to date). Vice President Southgate District Scouts (many years – to date). Awarded the Silver Wolf in 2008. An active Rotarian for 19 years. A member of the International Fellowship of Scouting Rotarians. Awarded the Paul Harris Fellowship in 2007. Awarded an MBE in HM Birthday Honours 2008 – for voluntary Work in the Community of Essex.
- Mr Jorgen Rasmussen – nominated by the European Scout Foundation
Born in Copenhagen, Denmark. Living in Lenzburg/Zürich Switzerland. Officer in the Royal Danish Army Pay Corps for National Service. Graduated from the CBS (Copenhagen Business School ), post graduation at the IMD and St. Gallen University, Switzerland. Served as director and chairman on commercial company boards. Advisor on management in middle-sized companies, and manages the I.Q. Finance AG. Honorary Chairman of The European Scout Foundation. Widely travelled and fluent in the Scandinavian, German and English languages. Jorgen has been Chairman of the Danish Scout council, Danish International Commissioner and Chairman of the Nordic Scout Council, Regional director for Europe and Director of World Operations/Deputy Secretary General of World Scout Bureau. Jorgen holds the Bronze Wolf of the World Scout Movement and has been Chairman of the Honours and Awards Committee
- Miss Anne Whiteford
- Anne worked for Scouting professionally for over 20 years. First in the Programme Department at Gilwell Park running training courses and large development projects. including – UNITE with UNICEF and The Uganda Scouts Association introducing development education into the Scout Programme, GAPP, a peer education programme on development education for young adults and support to the complete review of the 6-25 programme, resulting in an updated UK Scout Programme.Then at the World Scout Bureau in Geneva on Strategy for Scouting, leading the Educational Methods Team and as desk officer for the Africa Scout Region. Anne led the WOSM team at World Events and was awarded the African Elephant in 2012 by the African Region Committee for significant support to growth and development of the Region and her contribution to the Africa Scout Foundation.Anne lives in Scotland. She works as a Tutor / Assessor in Management and Volunteers for Borders College and Scouts Scotland as Scottish Headquarters Commissioner for Development.
- Treasurer – Mr Oliver Davies FCA
- Research Officer – Dr Sarah Mills, Senior Lecturer, University of Loughborough